Lab parents Mike Allen, Corinne Bal, and Catherine Meyer founded the Gratitude Project in early 2019 to foster and spread gratitude at Lab and enhance well being. In its short time since its inception, the Gratitude Project has accomplished the following:
- A Gratitude station with a gratitude journal for students to write in to boost positivity and affirmation
- LabArts and Rites of May: stations with gratitude journal, cards, and rocks to encourage gratitude
- Brainstorming meeting with MS Gratitude Club, the faculty advisor, and students
- Farewell Fête in the Courtyard, and a Farewell Fête Video with MS Student Gratitude Club participation
- Sponsored two Thankful Thursdays in partnership with the Learning and Counseling Department in June as a pilot program
We are thrilled to continue our work and expand our actions with your support. The first monthly Thankful Thursday of the school year will be October 17 across all school divisions. Future activities include creating a gratitude wall; a gratitude tree with message leaves in the Gunvor Refetoff Gallery; a gratitude rock garden with rocks made by students during Rites of May and other events, and developing gratitude clubs in all school divisions. The Gratitude Club is excited to consider other initiatives and ideas that the Lab community may have that will foster and support a culture of gratitude at Lab. Please join us at our monthly meetings and share your ideas. To see pictures and videos, and to connect with the Gratitude Project please join the Gratitude Project Facebook group. For more information please contact Mike Allen or Corinne Bal.