All members of the Lab Community are invited to celebrate the season and our love of reading at the Holiday Book Fair and Bazaar. New to Lab this year, this two-day event combines socializing, community service, student campaigns and shopping!
The Holiday Book Fair and Bazaar will take place in Judd C116 on the Historic Campus, and will be open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- The Fair will kickoff with a Coffee & Cider Social, Tuesday morning December 6, starting at 8 a.m. (ending around 9:30). Mix and mingle with fellow parents as well as Principals and Administrators, including Nicole Hood, Director of Programs and Partnerships, and Nicole Neal, Director of Student Services.
- 57th Street Books will host a pop-up Book Fair where you will be able to peruse Teacher Wish Lists and faculty recommendations just in time for some holiday reading and gift-giving. We have Teacher Wishlists from grades N/K through 5th, along with recommended reading from Learning & Counseling.
- There will also be sample sizes for items in the PA Holiday Spirit wear Campaign.
- For the Bazaar, students will have fundraising tables for their clubs or awareness for their cause. See which Middle School or High School clubs and Lower School homerooms will be participating!
- Donation drives will have dropboxes at the Fair. Donate (unwrapped) toys to benefit children at LaRabida hospital or gently used winter gear (hats, scarves, gloves, coats, boots) to benefit Cradles to Crayons.
- The festivities continue with librarian and author chats:
- Tuesday at 3:45, LS Librarian Irene Fahrenwald will unveil for parents the books chosen for the 4th grade Global Reading Challenge
- Wednesday at 3:00, Author and Lab parent Kate Hannigan (Cupcake Cousins, The Detective’s Assistant) will be joined by children’s fantasy author Franny Billingsley (The Folk Keeper, Chime). Both award-winning authors who write for young to middle-grade readers, they will read selected works and discuss life as a writer. More information is available here.
Volunteers are needed to help decorate and to assist with the event, including helping parents find books, managing wish lists, and assisting with the bazaar. Please sign up here if you have an hour or two to help launch this special event.
If you are a student club, advisory, or homeroom who is still interested in selling goods and services as part of the Bazaar. please sign up here for a fundraising table. If you have questions, or if you are a writer, poet, or musician interested in performing, please contact Tina Louie.
There are so many reasons to visit the Holiday Book Fair and Bazaar:
- Take a break from the holiday chaos and catch up with parents and meet new administrators at the Social
Check out teacher wishlists
Support student fundraisers, the PA, and a local community partner
Hear from award-winning authors and our librarians
Share your own book recommendations and find the perfect gift