A wide variety of Middle School and High School Clubs, as well as a coalition of Lower School homerooms will be represented at the Holiday Bazaar! These groups will be selling gifts, baked goods, and gift-wrapping services, as well as soliciting donations, to raise money for their clubs or raise awareness for important causes.
- Lower School Homerooms: Multiple homerooms are working together to support Syrian refugees. There will be jewelry, scarves, bags and toys – all made by students in these homerooms. It is very Dewey! Come support the students of Mr. Ruelas (3rd Grade), Ms. Weide (4th Grade), Ms. Sukenic (4th Grade) and Ms. Mitzenmacher (5th Grade).
- Datio Project: A Middle School club utilizing student performances to raise awareness and funds for a variety of community organizations.
- UHigh Refugee Club: A UHigh club working with Chicago-based organization RefugeeOne to relocate Syrian refugee families to Hyde Park.
- German Immersion After School Christmas Campaign: A parent-led club supporting the efforts of the Lower School Extended Day program to enrich students’ cultural lives as part of the German Language Program.
- MLAB: The Middle School Library Advisory Board is a student-led organization that promotes literacy and enhancing the culture of Rowley Library. MLAB students will gift wrap your holiday purchases as their fundraiser. The students have also generated a recommendation list for their peers!
- REACT: A UHigh club supporting the children of LaRabida Hospital. LaRabida Children’s Hospital specializes in treatment of chronic illness, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. Children range from 3 months to 16 year old. Toys, videos and games purchased should be new and unwrapped. Crayola crayons or markers (packs of 12 or 24) will also be welcomed! An Amazon wishlist is also available.
- Mission Blue Aqua: A Middle School student coalition interested in raising awareness and funds to assist the Haitian residents attain clean water. For more information, visit http://www.missionblueaqua.mydagsite.com/.
- UHigh Feminist Club: A High School club supporting the indigenous protesters at Standing Rock Reservation. Monies raised will assist in providing thermal blankets or sleeping bags to the cause. They will also collect new or gently used thermal blankets or sleeping bags for donations. For more information, please visit http://sacredstonecamp.org/supply-list/, and you can buy online a T-shirt to support the cause.
- ArtsFest: A UHigh club and tradition that celebrates the various forms of arts, media and expressions. Monies raised will support arts programming for this year’s festival.
- Prom Com: A UHigh committee dedicated to providing the best prom ever. Come by and select a holiday treat to send to someone special. All monies raised will go to support Prom 2017.
- Environmental Club: A MS Club dedicated to raising awareness for environmental causes. They will be selling gift bags made from newspapers.
- Jewish Students Association: This Middle School club will be selling Hannukah latkes.
- Cradles to Crayons: Bring new or gently used winter gear (coats, snow pants, boots, mittens, hats) to donate to Cradles to Crayons. Your donation will go to Chicago school children in need of clothing for a cold winter! For more info, visit their website.
Currently, these clubs are scheduled at the following times:
11:15 am – 12:15 pm: Datio, UHigh Feminist Club, MS Environmental Club
12:15 pm – 1:20 pm: ArtsFest, UHigh Feminist, UHigh Refugee, PromCom
3:30 – 4:30 pm: MLAB, German Immersion, REACT, UHigh Feminist
11:15 am – 12:15 pm: UHigh Feminist, Jewish Students Association
12:15 – 1:20 pm: UHigh Feminist, UHigh Refugee, Arts Fest, PromCom
1:00 – 2:30 pm: MLAB, REACT
2:30 – 4:30 pm: MLAB, UHigh Feminist, REACT, LS Homerooms (Ruelas, Sukenic, Weide, Mitzenmacher), Clean Water for Haiti